This low carb high protein/fat meal is excellent for those days you want some comfort food. The tasty salmon and cheesy cauliflower mash is an excellent combo, great for beating those stodge cravings and really easy to make!
My Pan Seared Salmon & Cauliflower Mash
For two servings, you will need:
4 Salmon Fillets
Juice & rind of 1 Lemon (or lime)
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tsp of Olive oil
1 Cauliflower head
1/2 Cup Double cream
1/2 Cup Water
1 tsp Wholegrain Mustard
60g Mature Cheddar Cheese (Grated)
10g Roquefort Cheese (or Parmesan)
Sea Salt & Cracked black pepper
- Start by preparing your cauliflower by cutting the head into florets and rinsing well.
- In a large (pan or sauce pan) melt a small knob of butter on a medium heat add the cauliflower and cook for 3 mins. At the end add the 1/2 Cup of water and cover with a lid. Cook for a further 3-5 minutes until the cauliflower can be easily mashed with a fork.
- Remove the lid and drain off any excess water. Add the pan back to the heat and stir in the cream, the cheeses, and the mustard. Stir well till the cheese melts and is distributed evenly. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a frying pan or skillet heat the remaining butter along with the olive oil (this will help prevent the butter from burning) on a medium – high heat.
- Now place the salmon fillets in the pan and fry until on one side until it cooks halfway. Turn the salmon to cook the other side.
- Once almost cooked squeeze the lemon juice, and baste the salmon fillets with the lemon and butter in the ban until well coated. Add the rind, season well with salt and pepper.
Serve by plating up a generous amount of the Cauliflower mash, top with the salmon and drizzle the lemon butter sauce over the top.
If you like this recipe, please be sure to share it and I hope you can try it out!