This warm salad is ideal for a quick lunch. It can be prepared in advance and enjoyed cold as well as hot. It’s rich in healthy fats and proteins, and with the addition of my baguette croutons would make an excellent post workout meal!
Warm Chicken & Chorizo Salad
For one serving, you will need:
1 Chicken Fillet
1 small whole chorizo sausage
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 clove of garlic
1 1/2 tbsp Red wine Vinegar
1 tbsp Honey
2 tbsp Manchego Cheese Grated (or extra Mature cheddar)
1 bag of Mixed Salad leaves
Sea Salt & Cracked black pepper
Leftover stale baguette (optional)
- Butterfly the chicken breast and place in a bowl or ziploc bag. Crush the clove of garlic and add to the chicken along with a pinch of salt, fresh cracked pepper, and the paprika. Allow to marinade for 15 minutes.
- Remove the skins of the chorizo (this can be done by making a slit down the side which will allow you to peel it easily) and chop into small chunks.
- Tear the baguette into bite size pieces and fry in 1 tbsp of the olive oil until golden and crisp. Season with salt, pepper and leave aside.
- Heat the remaining tbsp of the olive oil in the same frying pan and add the chunks of chorizo. Warm through until the chorizo is cooked through. Remove the pieces from the pan (leave the oil in the pan) and place onto a plate with some kitchen paper.
- Now place the chicken in the pan and fry until completely cooked through. Once cooked remove from the pan, allow it to rest on a plate and cover with tinfoil.
- Meanwhile empty the salad leaves into a bowl (wash and drain if not already prewashed). To make the dressing add the vinegar and honey to the pan and warm.
Slice the chicken into bite sized pieces, add to the salad bowl, with the chorizo.
Spoon the dressing from the pan into the bowl and mix well. Top with the baguette croutons and grated cheese.
If you like this recipe, please be sure to share it and I hope you can try it out!