This recipe was created with the ingredients listed in the 90 Day SSS Plan by The Body Coach (See previous post). Note that any suggested quantities/weights are just a guideline, please consult your individual plan for advised weights if following the plan.
I created this recipe when I was in the middle of my 2nd cycle of the 90 Day SSS plan. This cycle is rich in carbs on workout days so makes an excellent post workout meal!
Steak & Red Pepper “Slaw” Baguette
You will need:
1 large Minute Steak
1/2 Large Red Pepper
3 Chestnut Mushrooms (Optional)
Baby spinach (or Salad leaves of your choice)
2 tbsp Greek 0% Fat Yoghurt
2 tsp French Mustard
2 tsp Butter
1 clove of minced Garlic
Sea salt & cracked black pepper
- Finely slice the peppers, onions & mushrooms. Fry on a medium heat in 1 tsp of butter in a non stick frying pan until soft. Empty into a bowl and leave aside to cool.
- Place the steak between two sheets of wax paper or cling film and tenderise using a rolling pin or meat tenderiser. Flatten the minute steak until roughly 1/2 a cm thick, then cut into strips. Let the meat sit until it is at room temperature (this will help to keep the meat tender).
- Once the vegetable mix has cooled in the bowl, add the 2 tbsps of Greek yoghurt and 1 tsp of mustard. Add salt & fresh pepper to taste and mix well.
- Slice open the baguette and evenly spread the remaining 1tsp of mustard.
- Heat 1tsp of butter in a pan, add the minced garlic (avoid letting it brown) and add the steak, and frying until medium-well cooked. Season with a generous amount of fresh black pepper and a pinch of sea salt.
- Add a handful of greens to the baguette, add the cooked steak, and top with the red pepper “slaw”.
If you like this recipe, please be sure to share it and I hope you can try it out!